Fruity Breakfast Tacos
Gluten Free Pancakes
By: Shannon Carino
Posted on: May 28, 2014
Love it? Share it!
Are you or your kids tired of the same breakfast ideas daily?
At our house, we tend to rotate through the same few easy items--cereal, oatmeal, pancakes and waffles, then sides of fruits or yogurt. On weekends, we may get a little more creative with eggs or French toast, but mostly, we like items that only take a few minutes to prepare.
Sometimes though, it is nice to change up those standard items, which is how we discovered our fruity breakfast tacos!
We opted for a strawberry version this week, as our grocery store had beautiful strawberries on sale. We also purchased taco holders, which my daughter has wanted to buy for quite a while now. These are designed to hold a hard shell taco in place once filled, but they also worked very well to hold our pancake tacos together!
Pancake tacos can be made gluten-free by choosing Van’s Gluten-Free Pancakes and checking the labels on the cream cheese to be safe. As well as our strawberry version, there are many tasty combinations--bananas, kiwi and peaches are all great additions, along with a flavored sweetened cream cheese, brown sugar-cinnamon and similar flavors. We typically add other fruits as a side dish, and either a boiled egg or Greek yogurt for additional protein.
- Gluten Free Pancakes
- Strawberry flavored cream cheese
- Fresh strawberries, sliced thin
- Prepare the pancakes, per package direction, in the microwave. They need to still be soft enough to fold.
- While pancakes are cooking, hull and slice strawberries into thin pieces with a paring knife, set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side of the cooked pancake, then place strawberries on the top half.
- Fold up the bottom half, like a taco, and place in the taco holders to keep together.