Chicken & Waffle Sliders
Power Grains® Waffles
By: Meagan from a Mom's Take
Posted on: March 15, 2016
Love it? Share it!
Chicken and waffles: the perfect blend of sweet and savory. However if you’re like me and trying to make smarter eating choices this year, the typical chicken and waffles dish may be out of the question. That’s why I’ve decided to create my own take on chicken and waffles: Chicken and Waffle Sliders. The best part about this dish is that you can enjoy those tasty sweet and savory flavors without the guilt. I absolutely love using Van’s Power Grains Waffles in this recipe. Not only are they packed with 10g of protein per serving, but they are made with many nutritious grains: steel-cut oats, millet, brown rice, and cracked red wheat. Plus, their thick and delicious texture makes them taste homemade.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- seasonings (I typically use a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- 2 Power Grains® Waffles Original
- Honey (1 Tablespoon for dipping)
- 4 toothpicks (optional)
- Put olive oil in a saucepan and grill chicken over medium heat.
- Grill chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Add desired seasonings. As I mentioned above, I typically season my grilled chicken with a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toast Van’s Power Grain Waffles.
- Sandwich your grilled chicken between your Van’s Waffles.
- Cut into 4 small pieces. To keep sliders together, you can insert toothpicks.
- Serve with honey for dipping.