Gluten Free Crackers
The Perfect 10®
By: Layla Pujol
Posted on: June 23, 2014
Love it? Share it!
Tapas are small, bite-sized appetizers that are perfect for warm summer days when you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking a big meal. I love serving a selection of small bites like these when we have friends over. Our family also really enjoys having what we call an appetizer or tapas dinner; we essentially share several appetizers instead of having a full regular meal. The kids love it, they like trying several small bites of different food.
I used Manchego, a classic Spanish cheese made from sheep milk, on this cheese plate, but feel free to add/replace with your favorite cheese. The same is applicable to the dried/fresh fruit and the nuts. For meat lovers, you can add some Spanish style jamon serrano and chorizo slices. Every time I make a cheese plate, it’s always different than the previous one. It constantly changes based on what I have in my pantry/fridge, and what looked inspiring at the grocery store or farmers’ market.
- 6-8 ounces of manchego cheese (can also use blue cheese or brie), cut into slices
- Perfect 10 Crackers
- 6-8 dates or dried figs, can also use fresh figs
- A few tablespoons of honey
- Sprigs of fresh herbs
- Almonds or your choice of nuts
- Fresh fruit: apricots, apples, pears, grapes
- Arrange the cheese, crackers, dates or other fruit, almonds or nuts, and herbs on a cheese board or a large platter. Place the honey in a small bowl and place it in the center.
- The olives and any additional fruit can be placed in bowls on the side.