Caramel Corn Crunch Cookie Clusters
Gluten Free Cereals
By: Silvana Nardone
Posted on: July 28, 2014
Love it? Share it!
I’m always happiest when I’m baking—or hanging out with my family—but when the weather starts getting steamy outside, I’d rather keep the oven off and make easy, no-bake desserts. Cookies are a family favorite, especially since they’re great for packing in camp lunches—no fork required! In these cookie clusters, the flavor combination of roasted peanuts and caramel reminds me of classic caramel corn.
In place of popcorn, I like to use Van’s Gluten-Free Honey Nut Crunch Cereal, which adds a delicious crunch and nuttiness to the mix. Coconut rounds out the flavors and the chocolate sends these cookies over the top. If I’m taking these clusters on the go, I leave out the chocolate for easy eating.
- ¾ sugar
- 1½ tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1½ tablespoon water
- 2½ Gluten Free Cereals - Honey Crunch
- ¾ unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, melted, for topping (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, rice syrup and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, without stirring, until a golden caramel color forms, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cereal, coconut and peanuts in a large mixing bowl; toss. Pour over the caramel syrup and working quickly, stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Pour the melted chocolate on top, if using, spreading to cover. Let cool completely, then cut into cookie clusters.