Apple & Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Gluten Free Cereals
By: Van's Foods
Posted on: September 12, 2014
Love it? Share it!
We challenged our PR team, SPM Communications, to whip up some tasty recipes using Van’s gluten-free Cinnamon Heaven cereal. They came up with some deliciously creative ideas, from Sweet N Spicy Snack Mix to Cinnamon Heaven Toffee Crunch. But the winner was a yummy Pumpkin and Apple Bake – perfect for getting into the autumn spirit. Thanks team!
- 1 box gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree (for pumpkin) or about 12 oz. apple sauce (for apple)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Cereals - Cinnamon Heaven , crushed (crush in food processor so its the consistency of flour but slightly coarser)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom of 9 x 13″ pan.
- Mix pumpkin (or applesauce), milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Combine crushed Cinnamon Heaven and cake mix in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle dry cereal/ cake mix over pumpkin mixture and top with pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over pecans.
- Bake 50-55 minutes.