Waffle French Toast Bake
8 Whole Grains Waffles
By: Lee Hersh of Fit Foodie Finds
Posted on: May 04, 2015
Love it? Share it!
Get creative with your Van’s Waffles for Mother’s Day this year and make your mom a special, delicious breakfast that’s easy to make and nutritious!
Love waffles and French toast? How about mixing them into a single recipe and making a Waffle French Toast Bake, perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch! This recipe calls for Van’s 8 Whole Grains Waffles, but any Van’s flavor will work so feel free to get creative and use Mom’s favorite. The flavors are spot on to classic French toast mixing maple syrup, cinnamon, and a hint of vanilla. Did we mention that there’s no refined grains or sugars in this recipe? That’s right, breakfast can be delicious and nutritious at the same time! Begin by defrosting your waffles and slicing them into smaller pieces. Arrange them in your casserole dish and then pour on the egg mixture. Pop it in the oven for 35-45 minutes and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal for the whole family! Toppings for this breakfast are endless. Suggestions include: coconut whipped cream, berries, chocolate chips, maple syrup, or nut butter! Make sure to let mom have the first piece, it is her day, after all!
- 12 8WG Multigrain Waffles
- 8 eggs, large
- ¾ cup coconut milk, unsweetened (or any kind of milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: coconut whipped cream, fresh berries and maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Next, defrost waffles in the microwave for about 3-5 minutes or until they are completely thawed. Slice them into thirds and then turn 90º and slice them into thirds again to get 9 pieces. Sprinkle the waffles evenly into your casserole dish
- Prep your egg mixture by whisking together 8 large eggs, ¾ cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Once combined, evenly pour mixture on top of waffle pieces. Press waffles into the egg mixture to moisten as many pieces as possible. If the top are sticking out of the egg mixture, this is okay!
- Bake at 375ºF for 35-45 minutes. Check the center of French toast bake at 35 minutes and then every 5 minutes from there. You’ll want the egg mixture to be firm and cooked all the way through. Note: the cook time depends on how deep your casserole dish is.