Summertime Honey Nut Crunch Snack Mix
Gluten Free Cereals
By: Bree Hester
Posted on: July 10, 2013
Love it? Share it!
This time of year always means lots of parties, field trips, and summer celebrations. While cupcakes and cookies are fun, it can be a nice change of pace to bring a healthier snack to share with friends. This Honey Nut Crunch Mix is easy to throw together and uses wholesome ingredients that you can customize to your taste.
Kids really like mixes like these where they can nibble for a little while, close their bag, and come back to it. I like that it travels well and you can make a huge amount in a very little amount of time. I like to put them in little bags and add a cute bow or washi tape to make them even more special.
- 9 cups Gluten Free Cereals - Honey Crunch
- 1 cup peanuts
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine cereal and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, melt coconut oil and honey on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat completely. Microwave on HIGH for 2 to 4 minutes, or until everything is glazed.
- Spread out onto a foil lined baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Stir in chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Store in airtight containers.