Granola Thumbprint Cookies
Gluten Free Granola
By: Silvana Nardone
Posted on: December 29, 2014
Love it? Share it!
There’s one seasonal tradition I can’t live without—making holiday cookies. I love baking, and it’s even more fun when my kids get involved. Of course, we enjoy not only making the cookies together, but also the ritual of eating them together with mugs of hot cocoa.
With all of our holiday commitments and everyone rushing around it can be a challenge to make the time. That’s where Van’s Gluten-Free Cranberry Almond Granola comes in as my holiday timesaver. I mix it together with my gluten-free flour blend for quick cookie dough that I can throw together in a just a few minutes. The strawberry jam just makes the cookies so pretty with its shimmery jewel-like glow.
- 1½ Silvana’s gluten-free multi-purpose flour
- 1½ cup Cranberry Almond Granola
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup canola oil
- Strawberry jam, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, granola and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Using a 1½-inch scoop, place the dough on the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart and use your thumb to make an indent in the center of each cookie; fill with jam until about three-quarters full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes; let cool on a wire rack.