School is officially back in session for our family, which means five days of lunches, times two kids, and occasionally a husband. Even though I’ve been on the lunch from home bandwagon for 5 years now, it still can be daunting to come up with different ideas each day.
Instead of getting stuck in the sandwich-cookie-apple rut, consider a breakfast for lunch option!
With Van’s French Toast Sticks
, you can send a fun, easy to eat lunch that is sure to be a kid pleaser.
Choose Van’s Totally Natural
or Gluten-Free Cinnamon
French Toast Sticks and bake in the toaster, toaster oven or oven per the package directions. Remove and let cool while finishing the rest of the meal.
We added a small container of real Canadian maple syrup, a favorite at our house, for dipping the French toast. For side dishes, the kids chose skewers of blueberries, fresh watermelon, cherries and galia melon pieces. I also added some cherry-flavored Greek yogurt for extra protein.
- Always bake the French Toast Sticks per package directions.
- Alternatively, choose Van’s Waffle Sticks for variety, bake per package directions also.
- Cut melons into fun shapes with cookie cutters. Save the extra pieces for fruit salad or tuck underneath the shaped pieces.
- A sliced boiled egg can add extra protein and keep with the breakfast-for-lunch theme.
- Before sending maple syrup, choose a container with a very secure lid! Our open dipping container is for display only.
- Pack with an ice pack or two to keep this yummy lunch cool.